Engineering at Basis
We’re looking for a product-minded, experienced, full-stack or backend software engineer to join our team and help us scale! We’d love to work with a passionate technologist who resonates with our mission and wants to come in on the ground floor and help us build out our technical foundation. We’ve been building Basis using React and Redux, Node, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, on GCP.
You’ll work directly with the founding team to scale the platform, help influence the roadmap, and execute on our shared vision. We're currently focused on building out real-time collaboration, our own programming language, versioning, access controls, and scalable infra and ETL pipelines.
We believe that a shared financial narrative is the key to a company’s ability to scale rapidly and efficiently. At Basis, we're building the first Collaborative Financial Workbook to unify financial teams and their organizations so they can advance in lockstep.
Basis is a remote-friendly, well-funded, seed-stage startup (growing team of 10) funded by amazing investors. Our founding team is made of successful serial entrepreneurs with extensive experience leading hyper-growth companies, including:
- Bebe Kim: YCombinator alum, OnDeck Scale Fellow, former Co-founder of Atrium ($75 mil raised from a16z, General Catalyst, etc.) & founder of AttorneyFee (acquired by LegalZoom which just IPO'd), advisor to unicorns
- Carlos Gil: Head of Eng Domio (raised $100M+, 3L Capital, Softbank, GGV Capital), ex-Uber & Betterment.
- Senior Finance Leaders: Various finance leaders from Notion, Lyft, and Slack
What You'd Work On:
- Building a real-time collaboration product
- Extending our grammar, lexer, parser for a financial programing language
- Advanced application versioning/audit trails, and user workflows
- Scaling our ETL/data infrastructure
- Growing our engineering team culture and helping us deliver an exceptional product to finance leaders at scaling companies
- Working alongside an A-Team of amazing human beings
Who Would Be a Great Fit:
- 4+ years experience as a backend or full-stack engineer
- Experience working in venture-backed or fast-growth startups
- Experience with our tech stack: Node, Typescript, Postgres
- You're low ego, collaborative, team, and growth-oriented person
- You love building software and team culture
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology, and release processes